Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Mobile devices are an extension of who we are and are woven into the fabric of our lives. We depend on them in every aspect of our lives – work, play and all things in between. What happens when they stop working or when you need a replacement? Asset Science takes it from here, we provide the software tools that enable them to be brought back to life.
Asset Science is a leader in innovative solutions for the mobile services industry. Our software helps our partners take those damaged mobile devices and quickly and efficiently make them like new again, extending their life cycle and reducing waste. From mobile device quality control applications, to content clearing tools, our solutions are changing the game for mobile equipment re-manufacturers.
Our Team is a group of energetic and talented individuals who are passionate about developing and delivering state-of-the-art technology. Our work environment is dynamic and collaborative and we believe every member of the team is integral to our company’s leadership.
We are searching for a Software Developer to join our team in our Waterloo ON office. The successful candidate will be driven, naturally curious, and have a passion for developing and delivering state-of-the art technology. Besides a deep and practical knowledge in applications programming, the successful candidate will have solid Java programming skills and the ability to work effectively with geographically dispersed teams within a high-paced start-up environment.
- Take part in the design and development of our core Java product.
- Development and maintenance of desktop and mobile applications for Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
- Stay current on new concepts, technologies and practices and evaluate appropriate ones to meet the required project needs.
- Performance issue identification, debug, optimize and maintain our existing applications for efficient resolution within established delivery times.
- Perform code reviews for peers.
- Work closely with our team of local and geographically dispersed developers.
- Document requirements, system designs and architecture of chosen solutions.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- A minimum of 3 years directly related experience in a professional work environment.
- Solid and demonstrated proficiency of Java and object-oriented design on Windows, Linux, or macOS.
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals and architecture.
- Ability to write functional, readable, testable and maintainable code.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet customer deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be available to travel to other work locations as required.
- Team focused with an ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
- USB protocol and driver experience, an asset.
- Working knowledge of Python, an asset.
- Proficiency in C/C++ software development, an asset.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
What We Offer/Avantages
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. We also have an innovative Profit Share plan to reward our employees’ contributions in making our company successful. Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to really grow your career. You will have opportunities to work cross-functionally across mobile, cloud and desktop teams to impact software solutions that are used on thousands of devices on a daily basis. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
If you are interested in a career at Asset Science, please send your resume to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt pour Asset Science, par contre, seul les candidats retenus seront contactés.
No recruiters please.
Recruteurs s’abstenir s’il vous plaît.