Backend and Application Developer
Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store, and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are searching for a strong Backend and Application Developer to join our team in Montreal, Quebec, willing to invest in an exciting career with our organization. We expect the ideal candidate to be a specialist in this field and to show us why he or she is an exceptional choice for this very critical position.
As a Backend and Application Developer, your role will be to focus on complex professional work in systems development, while maintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Design, implement and deploy new functionality/module/product (Golang).
- Research/analyze new technology for our product flagship.
- Maintain existing system/product and support customer requests. (Golang/java/python).
- Provide technical and developer support to customers using Cloud Platform products & APIs
- Support the cross-platform desktop application that interact with phone (java/python).
- Proficient in at least one of Java or Python or Go.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Golang programming (with design/development of high-performance system) or willing to learn it.
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes applications written in Golang.
- “Best practice” object-oriented design and implementation methodologies.
- Familiar with Web/Http server, such as Nginx and Echo.
- Good working knowledge of languages like BASH, Linux.
- Strong skill of problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Good communication, both written and spoken in English.
- 3+ years Working experiences of java, Python /c/c++/Golang programming.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with JSON, XML and related technologies.
- Familiarity with NoSQL DB (MongoDB, etc.), MySQL.
- Broad knowledge of many of the following: Linux Administration, network, Web Servers virtualization, security, availability, redundancy and monitoring.
- Experience in developing services based on documents (XML, JSON) search, index, updates.
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) experience is a plus.
Technologies You Will Use
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. Our offices are conveniently located (with parking) and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.