As a Business Analyst, you will help implement technology solutions by gathering and managing technical specifications for engineering counterparts for product build. You will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, engineers and other stakeholders to determine requirements for upcoming projects. Responsible for identifying the business needs of clients and stakeholders in order to contribute to the determination of IT-solutions to business problems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements.
- Translate business requirements into system design components (including but not limited to high-level use cases, UI prototypes (screen mockups); work closely with systems analysts and solution architects to ensure traceability of the business requirements to the delivered IT-solutions.
- Analyze and document business requirements and business processes and translate them into specifications and design.
- Interface with stakeholders to manage expectations and solve problems.
- Understand business processes in order to recommend ways to automate them and their related activities.
- Contribute to the technical design and validation of business solutions.
- Define, organize, maintain, and deliver functional and data requirements.
- Document and maintain business rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new business process solutions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with product managers, UX designers, and senior developers to ensure requirements are understood and defined so that the software team can build against those requirements.
- Use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, and deployment.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management.
- Help access the scope of work for creating new developments.
- Provide recommendations for improving existing business processes.
- Train users on newly developed software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or related discipline
- 2+ years of Business analysis experience
- Strong client communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including excellent documentation skills
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary, vacation and benefits package to our employees. Our offices are conveniently located (with parking) and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic working environment (Mac and Linux) where you have the ability to grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative open space team environment, fully stocked kitchen (coffee & fruit) where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.