Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team in Montreal, QC, with experience in supporting software development processes. If you are a System Administrator who knows how to code or a Developer who understands the cloud Infrastructure and Linux servers, we have the perfect position for you.
As a Cloud Engineeryou will be responsible for strategy, development, automation and optimization of our cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Engineer’s contributions will improve resource elasticity, provisioning, be broadly accessible, serve multiple businesses, and be measurable resulting in increased efficiency and effectiveness. The Cloud Engineer must be able to lead and guide cloud services, supporting systems, cloud components, relationships between cloud components and other environments, values and attributes of cloud design, and governance of the clouds evolution.
- Design and migrate applications to the cloud.
- Integrate tools and services for cloud compute, network and capacity.
- Lead cloud solutions.
- Responsible for high level application and detailed infrastructure end-to-end, designs, standards, processes, practices and tools supporting cloud solutions.
- Develop cloud tooling, technology and process definitions.
- Monitor adherence to cloud strategies, standards, designs, guidelines and policies.
- The design, installation, maintenance and retirement of infrastructure systems.
- Ensuring performance, stability, reliability of infrastructure systems and applications.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Developer or Systems Administrator in a Linux environment with developer experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience with Cloud hosting and SaaS services: Google GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Good understanding of key upper-layer protocols used on the Internet.
- Knowledge of the best practices concerning continuous integration and continuous deployments.
- Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about Internet technologies and Linux based deployments.
- Experience with scripting tools and motivation to learn new tools.
- Experience with configuration and deployment of infrastructure systems and applications.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed.
- Knowledge with Automation tools like Puppet, Ansible, Salt.
- Proactively put in place measures to ensure the solution’s robustness and that it’s reliably up and running 24/7/365.
- Great knowledge of Linux and it’s configuration.
- Not afraid of the Command Line, scripting and configuring servers like Apache, Nginx.
- Solid cloud platform experience, like AWS, Google Cloud.
- Good knowledge of web services architecture and the micro-services mentality.
- Experience with automation or orchestration tools (Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef).
- Experience with several types of databases (MySQL, MongoDB) and their configuration for high-availability.
- Ease of use with the Atlassian suite of software (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) and it’s administration.
- Experience with Docker and cluster management systems such as Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring processes and tools (Nagios, Graphite, etc.)
- Define, build, maintain Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery services (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Drone).
- Participate in the overall architecture and infrastructure design of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Support the engineering teams’ continuous integration and continuous delivery initiatives.
Technologies You Will Use
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary, vacation and benefits package to our employees. Our offices are conveniently located (with parking) and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic working environment (Mac and Linux) where you have the ability to grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative open space team environment, fully stocked kitchen (coffee & fruit) where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.