DEV OPS ENGINEER
Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store, and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Montreal, QC, with experience in supporting software development processes. If you are a System Administrator who knows how to code or a Developer who understands the Infrastructure and Linux servers, we have the perfect position for you.
The DevOps Engineer identifies and optimizes the interdependencies between applications development and infrastructure operations through a collaborative approach to continuous delivery. You will have to implement automation systems and workflows to monitor and facilitate the utilization of our production infrastructures in the cloud. Reporting to the DevOps Director, you will provide subject matter experience and expertise to support system automation services in development, QA and production environments. You will be designing, implementing, improving, and maintaining different infrastructure backend services that are used by our products and solutions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Developer or Systems Administrator in a Linux environment with developer experience
- Good understanding of key upper-layer protocols used on the Internet
- Knowledge of the best practices concerning continuous integration and continuous deployments
- Capacity to configure, administer and support Linux based servers
- Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about Internet technologies and Linux based deployments
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed
- Proactively put in place measures to ensure the solution’s robustness and that it’s reliably up and running 24/7/365.
- Great knowledge of Linux and it’s configuration
- Not afraid of the Command Line, scripting and configuring servers like Apache, Nginx
- Solid cloud platform experience, like AWS, Google Cloud
- Good knowledge of web services architecture and the micro-services mentality
- Experience with automation or orchestration tools (Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with several types of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB) and their configuration for high-availability
- Ease of use with the Atlassian suite of software (Jira, Confluence, Stash) and it’s administration
- Experience with Docker and cluster management systems such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring processes and tools (Nagios, Graphite, etc.)
- Define, build, maintain Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery services (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Drone)
- Participate in the overall architecture and infrastructure design of the CI/CD pipeline
- Support the engineering teams’ continuous integration and continuous delivery initiatives.
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference!
If you are interested in a career at Asset Science, please send your resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters please.