Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store, and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are searching for a strong Developer to join our team in Montreal, Quebec, willing to invest in an exciting career with our organization. We expect the ideal candidate to be a specialist in this field and to show us why he or she is an exceptional choice for this very critical position.
As a Developer, your role will be to focus on complex professional work in systems development, while maintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
- Plans programming projects by confirming program objective and specifications with clients.
- Arranges program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts; researching and employing established operations.
- Verifies program operation by confirming tests.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining all data interface definitions between various application platforms
- Able to perform as a project leader of any project from definition to implementation
- Works at the highest level of all technical phases of programming; requires a high degree of creative thinking and the ability to use the accumulated knowledge and experience of others
- Reviews all programs prior to implementation to verify consistency and conformance with established guidelines, policies and practices
- Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives
- Capable of designing application solutions to user department needs without supervision; maintains current working knowledge of all installed application systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years in software design, software debugging, software development fundamentals.
- Proficiency in C/C++ software development
- Relevant languages and development tools including RPG, COBOL, CLP, SDA, SEU, SQL, GUI, and a working knowledge of Windows and AIX.
- Thorough understanding of structured programming principles, system analysis techniques, system design, industry standard testing principles
- Thorough understanding of multiple platform functions and operating systems.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues.
- Highly analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with French language an asset.
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.