Junior QA Test Engineer, Quality Team
Mobile devices are an extension of who we are and are woven into the fabric of our lives. We depend on them in every aspect of our lives – work, play and all things in between. What happens when they stop working or when you need a replacement? Asset Science takes it from here, we provide the software tools that enable them to be brought back to life.
Asset Science is a leader in innovative solutions for the mobile services industry. Our software helps our partners take those damaged mobile devices and quickly and efficiently make them like new again, extending their life cycle and reducing waste. From mobile device quality control applications, to content clearing tools, our solutions are changing the game for mobile equipment re-manufacturers.
Our Team is a group of energetic and talented individuals who are passionate about developing and delivering state-of-the-art technology. Our work environment is dynamic and collaborative and we believe every member of the team is integral to our company’s leadership.
We are searching for a Junior QA Test Engineer to join our Quality team in our Waterloo office. The successful candidate will be driven, naturally curious, and have a passion for creative testing. It is strongly desired to have object oriented programming knowledge such as Python or Java. Individual must have the ability work with a geographically dispersed teams within a high-paced start-up environment.
- Test Case planning, writing, and execution.
- Maintain/Run existing automated suites to keep up with the regular product updates.
- Ensure proper operation of scheduled and manually run automated test suites and take appropriate action upon failure.
- Work closely with developers and QA team members to ensure QA has adequate test coverage.
- Add new desktop/web/mobile automated tests to the framework.
- Write detailed defect reports and work with development team to assist with their troubleshooting, resolution and validation.
- Influence Test Planning in order to come up with the most appropriate test approach.
- Support release process and run automated Regression tests against all supported mobile devices.
- Other duties required by Management such as device inventory management and shipping.
- BA or BS degree in computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years’ experience in manual and automation testing.
- Good knowledge of software development, QA methodologies & release process.
- Proficient with QA testing methodologies and test types such as Test Plans, Suites and Cases, Functional, Negative, Integration, Security, Performance, Regression.
- Proficient with testing complex native applications across platforms and devices.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of software development, QA methodologies & release process.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments while working on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Ability to discuss technically complex subjects with both technical and non-technical people.
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. We also have an innovative Profit Share plan to reward our employees’ contributions in making our company successful. Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to really grow your career. You will have opportunities to work cross-functionally across mobile, cloud and desktop teams to impact software solutions that are used on thousands of devices on a daily basis. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
If you are interested in a career at Asset Science, please send your resume to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters please.