Linux System Administrator
Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store, and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are searching for a strong Linux System Administrator to join our team in Montreal, Quebec, willing to invest in an exciting career with our organization. We expect the ideal candidate to be a specialist in this field and to show us why he or she is an exceptional choice for this very critical position.
As a Linux System Administrator, your role will focus on the proper daily operations of the Linux systems and configuration, while maintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Install, maintain and upgrade Linux server hardware and software
- Deploy testing and production environment for external and internal users
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality
- Management tools and Monitoring
- Participate to the backups and restoration of Linux systems
- Advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards
- Apply and use the tools and work methodologies in place
- Answer user’s query and service requests
- Carry out related tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Experience in the management of Cloud infrastructure; AWS an asset
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals and architecture
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Awareness and acceptance of security best practices for implementation
- Team focused with an ability to work in a fast-paced, development environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and interest in / ability to take initiative / self-learner
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet customer deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required
- Strong English language skills both verbal and written
- French language capability an asset.
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.