Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store, and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are searching for a Software Developer to join our team in our Waterloo ON office. The successful candidate will be driven, naturally curious, and have a passion for developing and delivering state-of- the art technology.
We are searching for a Software Developer to join our team in our Waterloo ON office. The successful candidate will be driven, naturally curious, and have a passion for developing and delivering state-of-the-art technology.
- Take part in the design and development of our core Java product.
- Development and maintenance of desktop and mobile applications for Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
- Stay current on new concepts, technologies and practices and evaluate appropriate ones to meet the required project needs.
- Performance issue identification, debug, optimize and maintain our existing applications for efficient resolution within established delivery times.
- Perform code reviews for peers.
- Work closely with our team of local and geographically dispersed developers.
- Document requirements, system designs and architecture of chosen solutions.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- A minimum of three years directly related experience in a professional work environment.
- Solid and demonstrated proficiency of Java and object-oriented design on Windows, Linux.
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals and architecture.
- Ability to write functional, readable, testable and maintainable code.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet customer deadlines.
- Team focused with an ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
- USB protocol and driver experience, an asset.
- Working knowledge of Python, an asset.
- Proficiency in C/C++ software development, an asset.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters please.