Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store, and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are searching for a strong Software Tester to join our team in Montreal, Quebec, willing to invest in an exciting career with our organization. We expect the ideal candidate to be a specialist in this field and to show us why he or she is an exceptional choice for this very critical position.
As a Software Tester, you will be handling cutting-edge IOS, Android testing software in the latest Cloud technology. You will be expected to understand end-to-end use cases and be good at system level testing and debugging/isolation of the issues as well as following up to ensure the quality of the product. The candidates should be self-starters, passionate about software testing, and always looking to “break things” and conducting manual testing execution and test case documentation.
We are looking for the kind of person that thrives in a changing and challenging environment. Someone who steps up to do whatever is needed without waiting to be asked. Expect to be a full partner, impacting the product, the quality, the processes, and the team’s direction.
- Active participation in test plans, defining and improving test strategies related to various software functionalities within a multidisciplinary agile team
- Execute and report in an accurate way various test cases to help investigate and repair any found defect.
- Improve testing function by developing new strategies to detect defects early in the process.
- Maintain lab/test environment to ensure testability accuracy.
- Evaluate and estimate test effort and recommend any new improvement in strategy.
- Create and implement test plans;
- Improve established processes and methodologies;
- Estimate testing efforts;
- Design and implement test scripts, test cases in collaboration with other team members;
- Define, collect and report quality and testing metrics.
- Manual and automated web service testing
- College or University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in testing
- Minimum 1 year of experience in automation testing and building frameworks.
- Must be functional in French and English.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, mobile devices (Android, iOS)
- Excellent knowledge REST and web-services technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Client-Server web technologies.
- Experience working in a scrum or agile development environment supporting a software product
- Test certification
- Knowledge of testing strategies and techniques
- Knowledge of API testing
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.