Onsite Senior Technical Representative (Field Remote – East Hanover, NJ area)
Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are searching for a strong Onsite Senior Technical Representative to join our team remotely from the Hanover New Jersey area who is ready to invest in an exciting career with our organization. We expect the ideal candidate to be a specialist in this field and to show us why he or she is an exceptional choice for this very critical position.
As a Senior Technical Representative, your role will focus on customer care and success for Asset Science services, managing a mixed portfolio of customers while maintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues (Hardware and software), account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of raised issues
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Communicate with customers through a series of actions until issue resolution
- Properly document and escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate solutions
- Ensure all issues and outcomes are properly logged and communicated to all stakeholders
- Prioritize and manage multiple open issues
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are meeting expectations after resolution
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain cheerful yet professional relationships with customers
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years proven work experience as a Customer Support, Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, Field Technician or similar role
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Perform successfully in an independent remote environment
- Experience debugging software and/or web applications.
- Hands-on experience with Linux operating systems, web-based environments and applications – Understanding of JSON and XML.
- Familiar and capable with version control systems, specifically Git.
- Experience debugging Hardware and recalibration of applications
- Strong competency with mobile device platforms iOS and Android
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within North America and Internationally
- Ability and willingness to work in multiple environments including retail and factories
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Readiness and ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Development experience is a bonus.
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a highly competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you can grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.