Technical Customer Support Representative (Montreal, Quebec).
Asset Science is a fast-growing player in the mobile phone hardware testing market. We’re passionate about improving the accuracy of mobile phone testing. Inaccurate or delayed diagnosis of a mobile phone problem leads to unhappy customers, frustrated suppliers and back-ups at factory-level. That’s where we come in. Our cutting-edge software solutions enable telecoms customer support teams to resolve their customer’s issues without an unnecessary trip to a store, and helps manufacturers to resolve production line issues in real time.
We are searching for a strong Technical Customer Support Representative to join our team in Montreal, Quebec, willing to invest in an exciting career with our organization. We expect the ideal candidate to be a specialist in this field and to show us why he or she is an exceptional choice for this very critical position.
As a Technical Customer Support Representative, your role will focus on customer care and success for Asset Science services, managing a mixed portfolio of customers while maintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues (Hardware and software) and account setup, within agreed time limits
• Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of raised issues
• Communicate with customers through a series of actions until issue resolution
• Properly document and escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
• Ensure all issues and outcomes are properly logged and communicated to all stakeholders
• Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are meeting expectations after resolution
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
• Maintain cheerful yet professional relationships with customers
• Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Understanding of mobile software and hardware.
• 2+ Years proven work experience in Technical Support, QA role, Field Technician or similar role
• Experience debugging Hardware and recalibration of applications a plus
• Mandatory functional English and French (Spanish is a plus)
• Perform successfully in an independent work environment
• Experience debugging software and/or web applications.
• Hands-on experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, web-based environments and applications – Working proficiency of JSON and XML.
• Familiar and capable with version control systems, specifically Git.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel within North America and Internationally
• Readiness and ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
• Development experience is a bonus.
What We Offer
Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to grow your career. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.