Technical Support Representative – East Hanover, NJ, USA (bilingual – Spanish)
Mobile devices are an extension of who we are and are woven into the fabric of our lives. We depend on them in every aspect of our lives – work, play and all things in between. What happens when they stop working or when you need a replacement? Asset Science takes it from here, we provide the software tools that enable them to be brought back to life.
Asset Science is a leader in innovative solutions for the mobile services industry. Our software helps our partners take those damaged mobile devices and quickly and efficiently make them like new again, extending their life cycle and reducing waste. From mobile device quality control applications, to content clearing tools, our solutions are changing the game for mobile equipment re-manufacturers.
Our Team is a group of energetic and talented individuals who are passionate about developing and delivering state-of-the-art technology. Our work environment is dynamic and collaborative and we believe every member of the team is integral to our company’s leadership. We believe that “Dedication Wins”. We are always looking for forward-thinking, creative individuals who thrive in a stimulating environment to improve our software solutions. Are you a good fit for our extraordinary team? If so, apply today!
We are searching for an experienced Technical Support Representative to join our team near East Hanover, New Jersey. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in supporting customers and accounts. To be considered for this role, you must have a passion for delivering excellence in the customer experience and a strong desire to empower their business operations with analytics and focused automation/semi-automation testing procedures. You will be a strong team player and a natural problem solver with excellent communications skills.
Our company is in the process of realigning our customer support department to best support our customers’ and business needs. We are seeking a Customer Support Representative, for our North America customer operations department reporting directly to the Director of Customer Operations.
The Technical Support Representative’s responsibilities include communicating with customers to support issues and change requests, logging and handling all customer requests and reported issues including: installation and ongoing upgrades and maintenance of Asset Science proprietary software, working directly with customers to troubleshoot and resolve their issues in a timely and efficient manner, escalating cases to the appropriate internal departments if/when necessary, while providing an excellent level of customer service. As a team player you will work closely with 2nd level support to achieve daily goals. Engineering and development tracking tools are provided to assist in attaining your goals along with team collaboration.
- Communicate with customers to understand and resolve reported issues in a timely manner. Collaborate with key stakeholders, support staff and engineers to report issues and identify effective solutions.
- Consistently demonstrate concise and effective communication with customers and coworkers to establish and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Communicate with customers to gather detailed requirements for change requests and requests for new services and products. Work with internal product and engineering teams to identify and deploy effective solutions.
- Log all issues and requests into issue / request tracking system with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Deliver timely updates on customer issues and change requests.
- Drive continuous process improvement and cost reduction internally as well as within customers operations.
- Drive optimal utilization of processes and services. Advise customers on preventative maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve efficiency, product performance and customer satisfaction.
- Identify new opportunities for Asset Science products and services.
- Proactively solicit customer’s feedback to drive product and support enhancements and improvements.
- Transcribe technical documents into a customer friendly documents.
- Share knowledge of the product and industry best practices by contributing to the Customer Knowledge Base.
- Build expert knowledge of Asset Science’s products and services, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Provides after hours support as needed.
- Travel is required 10 – 20%.
- Multilingual (English/Spanish) skills are required.
- Minimum of college diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Minimum of 2 years’ troubleshooting and customer support experience.
- Experience in a factory / production operation environment is an asset.
- Strong PC skills. Extensive experience working in and troubleshooting Windows and Linux environments.
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics, software, networks, operating systems.
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting electronics, specifically mobile technology.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Team player with a “can do” attitude and the ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize to resolve problems and complete projects in a timely manner in a fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
What We Offer
At Asset Science, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package to our employees. We also have an innovative Profit Share plan to reward our employees’ contributions in making our company successful. Our offices are conveniently located and accessible by several modes of transportation. We supplement these elements with an energetic environment where you have the ability to really grow your career. You will have opportunities to work cross-functionally across mobile, cloud and desktop teams to impact software solutions that are used on thousands of devices on a daily basis. You will interact with all aspects of the business – development, quality, customer solutions and new business support. We are proud of our collaborative team environment where learning and sharing is the way we work together. Join our team and experience the Asset Science difference.
If you are interested in a career at Asset Science, please send your resume to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Asset Science; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters please.